Home Styling & Staging Basics Guide
By Noreen Music | Organizing Resources
First, let me introduce myself.
I am Noreen and I'm a Trained Professional Organizer with the Professional Organizers in Canada (POC) and Owner of Organize My Space Calgary.
My specialties are home decluttering, home and office organizing, styling/staging and productivity coaching for professionals and small business owners.
My passion is to help you transform your home and work spaces to give you the freedom and enjoyment you deserve.
The following Home Styling & Staging Basics guide is going to make your styling or staging project so much more simple and informed once you start working through it.
Home Styling & Staging Basics
When you experience a beautifully styled home after organizing this is the cherry on top! Imagine a world where your spaces are calm, relaxing, functional and you love the freedom in your life.
Thoughtful decor and clutter-free spaces allow this vision to be your reality. My "north star" is to help you uncover exactly what this means for you.
The principles of styling your home versus staging to sell are quite opposite. Styling your home focuses on:
- Your personality, taste or style
- Says something about you
- Enhances function
- Matches your lifestyle
The basic steps to stage your home are the same as styling however, the principles behind staging to sell your home are quite different.
- Focus on the potential home buyer
- Declutter, declutter, declutter
- Enhance features
- Not taste specific
Did you know?
85% OF STAGED HOMES SELL FOR 6-25% MORE THAN UN-STAGED HOMES!
7 Steps of Styling & Staging
Download your FREE copy of the Home Styling & Staging Basics guide below and learn more about the following 7 steps to style or stage your home.
1. Choose a concept
2. Start with a clean slate
3. Assess your space
4. Lay out a floor plan and measurements
5. Furniture layout
Your FREE guide Home Styling & Staging Basics also covers decorating basics such as:
1. Furniture placement
2. Area rugs
3. Effective lighting
4. Types of lighting
5. Layering lighting
6. Lighting trends
7. Dining room light fixture
8. Hanging art
The guide will also lead you step by step through accessorizing your newly styled or staged space.
1. Why accessorize?
2. Accessorizing strategy
3. Tips on accessorizing
4. Dressing your dresser
5. Bathroom accessories
Bonus Tips for Staging Your Home to Sell Wisely
- Declutter, declutter, declutter! This is one of the best strategies before listing your house for sale.
- Declutter and organize before you meet with your realtor. This has an impact on the list price.
- Declutter and organize closets, cupboards, kitchen pantry, etc. as potential purchasers will look inside these areas when touring.
- When your home is clutter-free and well organized, this signals to the prospective purchaser there is enough storage for them.
- A decluttered and organized home shows your level of care for the home and instills buyer confidence.
If you have any questions about the Home Styling & Staging Basics guide, organizing systems or products, just simply fill in the content box below and ask me your question. I will get back to you in 48 hours (or sooner).
Need more resources?
Need help getting organizing before styling your home? Here is our most popular FREE resource guide Keeping Your Home Organized Through Every Season as our gift to you.
If you are using the Home Styling & Staging Basics guide to stage your home to sell, we have also included a BONUS resource for you called The Ultimate Moving Guide, yours FREE!
Decluttering & Organizing Services
If you need more help than we have already provided, here are our various services to help you with decluttering, organizing, styling/staging and moving.
Organize My Space Services
Download Your Home Styling & Staging Basics Guide Here!
* We will never share your contact information. Your Home Styling & Staging Basics guide will be sent to the email address you provide us.
Good luck with your styling or staging project and feel free to contact us if you need our services!
Find your freedom.
Live your life.