Save Time Cleaning an Organized Home
Reducing clutter and getting organized saves a ton of time when you need to clean your home.
Did you know that for every 1 hour you organize, you save 2 hours of time? WOW.
What if I told you that an organized home takes 40% less time to clean?
You're in right?!?
Get a handle on the clutter in your home to save time cleaning
The fastest way to save time on cleaning your home is to get rid of all of the obvious trash and recycling. Go through every room with a trash bag in hand and start picking up what you know belongs in the garbage or recycle bin.
The next step is to pick up all of the dirty dishes lying around and put them in the dishwasher or wash them by hand and put them away.
Do you have soiled laundry lying around on the chair in your bedroom or on the bathroom floor? Pick it all up and put it in the hamper or better yet put a load in the washing machine.
Now go room by room picking up what you know doesn't belong in that space like the kid's toys or books. Tidy up as you go, fluff pillows, fold blankets.
You are ready to save time cleaning!
- Now that you have reduced clutter, you can dust your home properly.
- Clean light fixtures, windows, blinds and shelves first and then work downwards.
- Allow time for the dust to settle before vacuuming.
Keep Your Kitchen & Bathrooms Clean
- Wash and disinfect your kitchen sink as e-coli is commonly found lurking there.
- Clean and disinfect kitchen countertops to keep germs and crumbs at bay.
- Wipe down bathroom mirrors, sinks and countertops daily.
- Clean and disinfect bathroom shower stalls, bathtubs, sinks and toilets weekly.
Clean From the Top Down
- When cleaning, mop the floor or vacuum the carpet last.
Clean as you go
- Make your bed every morning.
- Deal with paperwork and mail on a daily basis.
- Clean up as you cook.
- Tidy up at the end of the day - fold the living room blankets, do the dinner dishes, have the kids put their toys away.
- Fold and put laundry away immediately after it comes out of the dryer.
- Hang clothes up or put them in the laundry hamper as soon as you change your clothes.
A clean house is important for the health and well-being of your entire family. A clean home is a healthy home.
Living in a clean and organized home makes you feel happy, but more importantly, it eliminates the stress that's caused by a chaotic environment.
And of course, by living without clutter, you will save time cleaning.
More resources for you
Here is a link to an article posted in our Freedom Living blog about All-Natural Homemade Cleaning Products to help keep your home chemical free.
Need a spring cleaning checklist? Download your Spring Cleaning Checklist here!
If you have any questions or need help with decluttering and getting organized, leave us a comment below and we will get back to you within 48 hours.
We are always here for you.
Find your freedom.
Live your life.
Very helpful and informative. Thank you! 😊Reply